What is a listserv?
A list serve is an e-mail discussion group that permits you to:
- Network with colleagues
- Quickly resolve problems and seek solutions
- Seek advice or answers and get responses quickly
- Actively participate in discussions or simply monitor news or developments
- Stay involved with the organization
How does a listserv discussion group work?
Think of it as a large bulletin board. You post a message for your colleagues to read and/or respond to. Messages are posted in response to yours, and so on. Instead of scrap paper and pushpins, we use e-mail over the Internet. Participation on the listserv is limited to current MLGHRA members.
How do I sign up?
The MLGHRA listserv is a managed listserv. The Training and Affiliate department updates the email addresses of members as they join the organization or change jobs or change their email address. Members should contact the Training and Affiliate department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems.
Once you are activated as a member of the listserv, in order to send a message through listserv, simply send an email to: MLGHRA@list.mlghra.org and adhere to following guidelines:
MLGHRA listserv guidelines and protocols
When posting messages to the MLGHRA listserv members should keep in mind the following general guidelines:
The purpose of this valuable resource is to provide an open forum for the posting of announcements and discussion of news, ideas, and information relating to municipal government management.
- Please use descriptive headings in the subject line for all messages that you post to the listserv
- Each message should be suitable for this site and constructive as to content
- At the end of your messages, attach a standard identifier with appropriate contact information. Please refrain from drawings, pictures, graphics, etc., as they are not always compatible with all systems
- Always remember that your responses to questions or inquiries are posted to ALL members on the listserv
- Whenever possible, please respond to the individual sender
- Keep the message limited to one screen or one paragraph
Please refer to MLGHRA Listserv Policy.